This project is read-only.

Installation steps

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Here is what I did to install it (correct me if I am wrong) :

- Download the source.

- Copy DotLess and Twitter.Bootstrap in /Modules. Add them as Existing project in the 'Modules' solution folder.

- Copy 'We-B-Bootstrapin' in /Themes. Add it as Existing project in the 'Themes' solution folder.

- Compile the projects.

- Enable the modules and the theme and set it as current.

Doing this, I still have an error loading the site : The @using Bootstrap doesn't work

- The Bootstrap.dll is in Themes\We-B-Bootstrapin\bin but it is not copied in Dependencies.

- So I copied manually Bootstrap.dll in /Bin

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

This will be fixed in the next source commit, probably today or tomorrow. 

I have combined the Bootstrap module and theme into a single theme. Whilest my development machines never had a problem drop copying the files into place, I did see the problem you describe on one of our staging servers. The combined theme fixes it, and eliminates the nasty hack in the Document shape to make the boostrap css load first. Altering the document shape template also broke the title. An issue I believe you submitted.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Any update on this? 

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Edited Mar 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Pushing changes to Codeplex now.

Now it's just one theme, not a module and a theme.

To install:

Drop the bin components from the bin folder into your Orchard.Web\bin folder

Drop Dotless folder into your Orchard.Web\Modules folder

Drop Bootstrap folder into your Orchard.Web\Themes folder

The delay in getting this up was updating Bootstrap to 2.0.2, 2.0.2 added nearly 40 new variables. The task of creating classes for them all and keeping their default values straight was a little to daunting. SO I added an Orchard command to generate the classes and defaults from variables.less itself using mustache templates. I chose mustache because it is actually used by the Bootstrap folks to generate their docs. Might as well keep our tooling consistent with what they are using.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

And don't forget to 'Activate' the Theme and 'Enable' the DotLess Module (because a dependency between a Theme and a Module does'nt enable the module).

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Quite true.